First visit to Willamette Valley Counseling?
During your first call or contact with our office, you can expect:
How will counseling help me?
It really depends on what you want to get out of the counseling, but it is rare that you will leave without feeling a positive change.
For some clients counseling helps them solve a specific problem so that they can move forward with increased confidence. For other clients, counseling helps them transform their relationships and their lives.
Find the right therapist for you.
It’s easy to find a counselor, but perhaps more difficult to know if you’ve found the right therapist for you. There are a number of questions you can ask us to help you to choose a counselor. Here are a few questions to get you started:
1. What does it feel like for you to sit with the therapist?
2. What’s the counselor’s approach to therapy?
3. Does the counselor seek regular peer consultation?
4. Has your counselor done his or her own therapy?
5. Does the counselor encourage dependence or independence?
6. Does the counselor belong to a professional association and its code of ethics? Read the AAMFT code of ethics.